Innerlight 200 Hour YTT Faculty
Janne Roehm, founder Yanna Yoga
Katherine Conte, founder Focus Yoga
Kim Chandler, founder Innerlight Yoga
Our current training is underway but please check back here for the dates of our next training.
Our training provides a comprehensive foundation in asana alignment and anatomy, pranayama, meditation, yoga philosophy, teaching methodology, energetics, and professional ethics. The core study is classical hatha yoga. The program includes progressive teaching practicums and personal mentoring so that graduates leave with abundant and meaningful knowledge and experience. Our faculty’s personal approach helps trainees develop their unique voice and special interests as a teacher. Program graduates are ready to begin their yoga teaching career with confidence.
The Innerlight Yoga Teacher Training exceeds the 200 hour YTT requirements. We are thrilled to be offering Meridian Yoga in addition to our core studies. The curriculum is thoughtfully designed to present the different components of teaching yoga in relation to each other and to everyday life. Asana, pranayama, philosophy, and anatomy will be taught as an integrated experience that allows trainees to gradually comprehend the rich and deep system that is yoga.
We encourage growth and self development. Graduates continually express how life changing the Innerlight training experience has been.
- Our co directors offer rich and diverse knowledge and expertise, combining over 45 years of yoga teaching and experience among them. The expert faculty includes other local professionals who contribute an exceptional, multi-dimensional perspective on yogic practices and teaching. Our faculty includes Sarah Mermin.
- The curriculum is seamlessly woven into an integrated whole. Each area of study is developed to connect to what is relevant to the student’s experience and practical to teaching.
- Trainees begin teaching from the start of the program. This builds confidence and comfort in the teaching role and allows the material to come alive. Trainees develop classes, starting with a five-minute class.
- Trainees receive ongoing personalized mentoring, feedback, direction, and support.
- Most importantly, with guidance and keen observation from the faculty, trainees discover and develop a unique voice, teaching style and special gifts.
- Graduates are ready to teach in a wide variety of settings and to various populations.
- The teacher training includes a seva project or independent study in which trainees develop a level of expertise in an area of interest through research, practice and teaching. Specific population have included: children, the elderly, sailors, pregnant women, cancer recovery, athletes.... Trainees graduate with a strong basic foundation and experience of their choice.
Our teaching style is experientially based. We learn by discussion, reading, demonstration, and other techniques, and then reinforce the lessons by applying what we have just learned. Each weekend builds on the knowledge and experience gained in the weekends before as well as in home practice and homework. Assignments between weekends deepen the experience and begin the process of life-long learning.
- Practice of more than 50 yoga asanas including all categories of asana
- Analysis of asanas, including principles of alignment, benefits, precautions, contra-indications, and modifications, including pre-natal
- Meridian Yoga
- Pranayama practice and techniques
- Mindfulness and other meditation techniques
- Sanskrit chants
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yogic philosophy and psychology, including study of Pantanjali’s Yoga Sutras, yamas and niyamas, the Bhagavad Gita, the history of yoga, koshas, and chakras
- Teaching methodology, including relationship with yoga students, planning a yoga class, sequencing of poses, teacher demonstrations, hands-on assists, the use of language in a yoga class, creating context and larger meaning for students, and professional ethics
- Restorative and partner yoga
- Teaching practicum’s
- Personalized mentoring
- Dedicated yoga practice of at least 1 year (class or home practice, multiple times per week)
- Strong desire to learn more about yourself
- Sound health
- Recommendation from a yoga teacher
- Commitment to attend all teacher training sessions (no exceptions)
- Commitment to daily practice during teacher training
- Commitment to do homework between weekend sessions
Note: Many people who participate in Innerlight Teacher Training are not advanced yoga students, but have a sincere longing to deepen their understanding of yoga for personal enrichment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
Certification is dependent upon completion of all requirements to the satisfaction of the faculty. Attendance at all training sessions is mandatory. Completion of homework assignments, projects, teaching practicums, and passing a written test on Sanskrit terms are required. One class per week either at Innerlight is required as part of the training hours. (a total of 30 classes to be completed by Nov 1). Non local students can make arrangements with the directors for attending a class conveniently located. (Please note weekly classes are not included in tuition.)
Non refundable Application Fee $50, must accompany application and is not included in tuition.
Tuition for the Innerlight Training:
- $2700 early-bird registration paid in full by Nov 1, 2017. – $2800 after November 1.
- The tuition fee includes the Training Manual. (Does not include reading materials, props, food, lodging, or weekly required class.)
Download Scholarship Application Here
- check to Innerlight Center for Yoga
- Visa, Master Card or Discover
- Tuition is fully refunded if an application is not accepted for any reason. Application fee is non refundable.
Payment Plans available:
Ten monthly payments of $290: first payment due upon acceptance, second payment at program start followed by remaining eight payments Feb 1, March 1, April 1, May 1, June 1, July 1, Aug 1, Sept 1.
Six payments of $480: first payment due upon acceptance, second payment at program start, then March 1, May 1, July 1, Sept 1. Payment plan requires a credit card on file, the card is auto charged.
For your convenience we do offer registration through our online store.
Click Here to Purchase
Teachers in training receive these discounts during their training year:
Discounted classes ($10 per class). 10% discount on Innerlight workshops (excluding workshops marked as no-discount programs)
Until course start 100% refund of tuition.
After course start: No refund is available.
2017 TRAINING DATES
Meets Saturdays 1:00-6:00pm and Sundays 9:00am-6:00pm at Innerlight. In the event of weather cancellations some days may have extended hours.
Dec 16/17 (weather make up)
Please Download and Print our APPLICATION & CHECK LIST and mail to:
Innerlight Center for Yoga & Meditation
850 Aquidneck Ave
Middletown, RI 02842
You will be contacted shortly after your application is received and a pre-program interview will be arranged. The interview is an opportunity for you to ask questions and discuss any concerns you might have. You can register in the studio or secure payment may be made through online.
The YTT program is open to all serious students who wish to deepen their understanding of yoga for personal enrichment.
A PDF of the above information is available here